Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K.. Jim K.. is offline

Default Disposal of roofing felt

Harold Davis Wrote in
message:
This isn't strictly about DIY but here goes.

A contractor has quoted me a large figure for the job of replacing the
currently felt-covered flat roof over my garage and part of the house, to
include £1400 for disposal of the felt that will be removed before fibre
glass is put on.

I queried this figure and he said the felt is considered to be a hazardous
material. It seems he's right, even if the attendance of teams of guys
wearing chemical warfare suits won't be required.

But £1400? The area is about 7 metres x 7 metres.

How can I make some sort of check on what the disposal costs will be?

Ring a skip company & ask?
Tactically, ring a skip company outside your area, just in case
it's a cosy setup ;-)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----