Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Best kitchen floor surfaces?

wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 09:52:24 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 12:44:27 PM UTC-5, Davej wrote:
My house has some sort of modern tongue-in-groove plank-style
wooden floor throughout the entryways, breakfast area, and
kitchen, installed over the plywood sub-floor. I like the fact
that wood is a comfortable surface for bare feet, but don't
like the fact that every spill of water can be a problem and
every dropped utensil can create another dent or gouge. Any
suggestions?

I favor sheet vinyl. No seams for spilled milk to infiltrate. But
it's no longer fashionable.

I agree I liked the vinyl myself but my wife insisted on taking the
ceramic tile we have in the rest of the house into the kitchen.

Yeah, that's what I did too, quarry tiles everywhere.
Not into carpet, because I have a dog most of the time.

It is certainly durable and easy to clean but very unforgiving
on anything you drop. I can't seem to hurt the tile

Yeah, I havent ever chipped one and its easy
to replace one if I did manage to do that.

but I have certainly broken a
lot of glasses, dishes or whatever.

Yeah, specially the Corelles, shatter into a million pieces when dropped.