Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best kitchen floor surfaces?

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 09:52:24 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 12:44:27 PM UTC-5, Davej wrote:
My house has some sort of modern tongue-in-groove plank-style
wooden floor throughout the entryways, breakfast area, and
kitchen, installed over the plywood sub-floor. I like the fact
that wood is a comfortable surface for bare feet, but don't
like the fact that every spill of water can be a problem and
every dropped utensil can create another dent or gouge. Any
suggestions?

I favor sheet vinyl. No seams for spilled milk to infiltrate. But
it's no longer fashionable.

Cindy Hamilton

I agree I liked the vinyl myself but my wife insisted on taking the
ceramic tile we have in the rest of the house into the kitchen. It is
certainly durable and easy to clean but very unforgiving on anything
you drop. I can't seem to hurt the tile but I have certainly broken a
lot of glasses, dishes or whatever.