Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Well - done

On 2/8/2019 8:36 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 2/7/19 7:10 PM, Frank wrote:

[snip]

Our old well when installed had recovery rate of 30 gpm.Â* Water was
great with no treatment.Â* When my parents were alive and their city
water got over chlorinated because of a spill they would get their
drinking water from me.

I used to live in the country, and we had well water. It was really good
for drinking, but bad for washing (takes too long to get the soap out).

Hard water, lots of calcium, does that.

I have to test my water and will get a kit and do it myself. The state
can do it for $4 but it will take a couple weeks to get full results and
over a week to get bacteria. My wife will not drink or even wash with
it until we get the bacteria test.

Old well water was border line calcium and plumber wanted to put in
treatment which exchanges calcium for sodium. I declined but a neighbor
was treating his and discovered he was not allowed to put the sodium
flush effluent into the septic and had to put in a separate drain field.