Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby[_3_] James Waldby[_3_] is offline

Default Tapers / electronic parts

On Wed, 06 Feb 2019 18:07:51 -0500, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Hul Tytus" wrote ...
I've had better luck with Enco/MSC than ebay. All of Asia's production
rejects seem to go through Ebay.

I've seen that with electronic components from Amazon too. An order of
"75V" gas discharge tubes tested either under 70V or over 80V and "50V"
Schottky diodes began leaking beyond spec at 48-49V. They are still
useable, just be careful if you don't have or know how to build the
equipment to measure device parameters.

I've purchased many electronic parts on ebay and amazon, but prefer
buying from Mouser (or other US companies) when I can. Buying
ATMega328PA's or PB's on ebay, several lots came properly packaged
and worked ok, but after I got a badly packaged lot or two (parts
were stuck down with packing tape and none of them worked) I ordered
from Mouser instead. Actually costs less (eg $1.15-$1.20 vs $1.20 up,
like at https://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine?Keyword=ATMEGA328PB-AU),
parts are in factory packaging and sealed with a moisture indicator, etc.

I don't know what form factor you need for 75V GDT's, but they carry some:
https://www.mouser.com/Circuit-Prote...ubes-GDTs-Gas-
Plasma-Arrestors/_/N-5g3f?P=1yi1tty

--
jiw