Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby[_3_] James Waldby[_3_] is offline

Default Tapers

On Tue, 05 Feb 2019 18:32:07 -0800, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 7:44:19 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Yeah , I ordered one on ebay for about 12 bucks . Close inspection
revealed that when I cut from left to right the cut was convex , like a
barrel . Just the opposite cutting from r to l , concave . That one did
fit and hold , but it was just the ends that were in contact with the
chuck taper . That's OK though I can use that R8 adapter for another
project on down the line .

Just for grins I did a search on taper attachments and found a web site
that had instructions on hand fitting tapers. gadgetbuildir.com/taper
Dan

That's misspelled -- see https://www.gadgetbuilder.com/Taper.html
instead. Note, it also has a link to another MiniLathe taper attachment
page, http://mikesworkshop.weebly.com/taper-attachment.html

--
jiw