Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Furnace filters

In article , says...

Floor level outlets are common for heat. Some houses would have a floor
level damper that was open for heat, then closed for the AC and a
register near the ceiling was opened for AC.

My new house has the vents in the ceiling but it is mostly the AC as we
use little heat in Florida. I also have ceiling fans in most rooms too.

Guess that it depends on what part of the country you are in. I live in
central NC and use the heat about as much as the AC. Very few days over
100 and lower 25 deg F. The heat or AC of th eheat pump is used almost
every day of the year. One about as much as the other.

I think our house was bult with just the easy way out. The down stairs
has vents at the floor level, but the 2 upstairs bedrooms and bath have
them in the ceiling. The return is located about halfway up the stairs.