Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Look165 Look165 is offline

Default What about the Contact Cleaner sold at Walmart?

I've been using Seicront KF dor a long time , but laws considerations
have killed it. It was the best.

It is replaced by Siceront F2 which a little less efficent, but still
useful.

a écrit le 01/02/2019 Ã* 19:56Â*:
I noticed that Walmart sells a aerosol can of what is called "Contact
Cleaner". (For electrical switches and stuff like that).
I have never used it.

In the old days I used Radio Shack's contact cleaner. These days I use
Deoxit, and I think Deoxit is a great product. But Deoxit is quite
expensive, and has to be mail ordered. For expensive electronics,
potentiometers, and similar, I'll use Deoxit, but for common slide
switches, push on connectors, and other non-critical items, I'd like
something cheaper to use, and easier to buy.

I have to wait till I get ot Walmart again, but if I recall, I think the
brand is GC Electronics, and it sells for about $5 to $6 a can. It's
sold in the automotive department (along with other chemicals such as
carb cleaner).

Have any of you used it? Is it any good?