Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Furnace filters

In article , says...

As long as you replace frequently(max 30 days) my AC guy sez
it doesn't matter much. Just keep em clean

That is what I have heard. We keep the windows closed all the time and
the filters look clean, so I change them every 2 months. I use the
least expensive ones at Lowes.

After about 10 years my new heatpump had a problem. While the man came
out and replaced a capacitor, he said something about cleaning it for
not much more. He looked at the inside air handler and while he cleaned
it, he said it looked almost new and did not really need a cleaning.
The outside unit was about the same way. However the outside unit is
under a deck and the lawn mower only gets about 5 feet away from it and
I mow so the clippings blow away from the unit.