View Single Post
  #9   Report Post  
Old February 2nd 19, 02:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pyotr filipivich pyotr filipivich is offline
external usenet poster
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,067
Default what type of press is this?

Gunner Asch on Fri, 01 Feb 2019 15:23:43 -0800
typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 06:11:16 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader

It's some sort of press with a heavy wheel that spins back and forth and
presses on the work using a heavy screw.

No audio needed, just watch about 10 seconds

What's the history of these, any is it something uncommon in the US?

**** thats old school! 1800s technology. Has to be a bitch to set for
travel as well.

Can you imagine the working conditions which made this an

I mean, - the alternative is hitting them with a hammer.
pyotr filipivich
"With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."