View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Old February 1st 19, 12:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins[_2_] Jim Wilkins[_2_] is offline
external usenet poster
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,393
Default what type of press is this?

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
It's some sort of press with a heavy wheel that spins back and forth
presses on the work using a heavy screw.

No audio needed, just watch about 10 seconds

What's the history of these, any is it something uncommon in the US?

I've seen them in a blackmith shop but never in the New England
museums or used machinery stores I've visited. That may only mean they
sell quickly, like anvils and other desirable small-shop machinery.

The blacksmith had custom forging dies in them to leave his power
hammer free for general work.