Old February 1st 19, 01:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default what type of press is this?

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
It's some sort of press with a heavy wheel that spins back and forth
and
presses on the work using a heavy screw.

No audio needed, just watch about 10 seconds

https://youtu.be/CLcAms8GgeM?t=427

What's the history of these, any is it something uncommon in the US?

https://piehtoolco.com/contents/en-us/d1439.html

I've seen them in a blackmith shop but never in the New England
museums or used machinery stores I've visited. That may only mean they
sell quickly, like anvils and other desirable small-shop machinery.

The blacksmith had custom forging dies in them to leave his power
hammer free for general work.
-jsw