Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton[_2_] Mathew Newton[_2_] is offline

Default Curling screed

On Saturday, 26 January 2019 21:00:11 UTC, John Rumm wrote:

You are probably over thinking it!

You know what John; you've just summed me up to a tee! I can't seem to help it.

Leave it to settle as much as its
going to, and then pack out the low bit when it comes time to lay the
final floor.

I've been reading a but more about curling (including in BS8204 'Screeds, bases and in-situ flooring' - if reading something like that is not overthinking it I don't know what is!) and it seems that the curl might actually reverse as the screed continues to dry, particularly if I cover the affected areas to help distribute the moisture more evenly.

The screeder is coming Thursday anyway but, in line with what you suggested, I may well take the position of seeing how things go. It's not like anything can really be done right now if the curling hasn't stopped (we are 42 days in to an at-least 120 day complete drying time).