Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hul Tytus Hul Tytus is offline

Default 9 X 20 ENCO/MSC Lathe question

Dave - the machine I use is, like yours, by number an Enco 9x20. It has 2
belts, a v type & flat one. The v can be shifted from speed to speed with
no adjustments by forcing the belt off one channel of one sheave & forcing
on with the other. Sounds like what you are doing. You may have the
tension adjusted too tight. Maybe you need a different length v belt. But,
what you are doing is, by my experience, doable.

Hul

Dave D. wrote:
I have an ENCO (now MSC) lathe and the motor drive belt broke. Unlike the v-belt, there does not seem to be an obvious way to loosen the tension and my first attempt to replace the belt resulted in a broken belt. Does anyone have a video or a couple photos showing how I can release tension to install new belt?

It is a Chinese 9 X 20 late with the original model number being ENCO 110-0820, but then I have some other model numbers that I think are the MSC numbers: Model CQ6123B and 1100517.

Thanks--

Dave