Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Calibrated dial knob repair

On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 12:43:31 PM UTC-5, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 07:59:07 -0800 (PST), John-Del
wrote:

On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 1:54:34 AM UTC-5, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Drivel: The Kidney stones are finally gone after six weeks and three
laser lithotripsy surgeries. Not much pain and no complexications. I
win.

Wow, sorry to hear you were afflicted with those *******s. I've had
them several times and had one lithotripsy as did my wife (we're
fertile I guess). I passed a 6mm stone about three months ago.

Medicine has progressed considerably since I had my last stone 10
years ago. These days, the doctors insert a stent (plastic tube)
between the bladder and the affected kidney. This takes the back
pressure off the kidney and therefore eliminated most of the pain. It
was rather painful for about 2 days, until they inserted the stents
(one for each kidney). However, there were some problems breaking up
the stones with the laser and extracting the resulting rubble.

Glad you're feeling better; drink more water and don't drink tea!

Water yes, but your advice about tea is wrong. Most stones are
calcium oxalate.

I was given the same info by the urologist, but I've found out that just about everyone I spoke to about kidney stones were all big tea drinkers. While tea may not have any calcium oxalate, it may cause some sort of unknown reaction that will somehow foment something in the body that creates stones..

I switched to green tea (black tea is supposedly worse as are dark sodas), have just one cup at night during the winter, and chase it with a glass of water right before bed.