Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave D. Dave D. is offline

Default 9 X 20 ENCO/MSC Lathe question

Hi, Leon

Thanks for the quick reply. I am familiar with the lever and how it releases tension on the skinnier v-belt (part #237, shown on P. 57 in the Grizzly manual, which I appreciate your sending me the link to!)€¦.but I am trying to replace the drive belt (#138b). That lever does not seem to release tension for that belt. I had thought maybe I could take off the v-belt and slip the drive belt behind and then just sort of rotate the shaft while sqeezing the drive belt onto its gear, but it just seems too tight.

Maybe Im just missing something€¦.any thoughts?

Dave