Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk[_2_] Leon Fisk[_2_] is offline

Default 9 X 20 ENCO/MSC Lathe question

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 09:32:05 -0800 (PST)
"Dave D." wrote:

I have an ENCO (now MSC) lathe and the motor drive belt broke. Unlike the v-belt, there does not seem to be an obvious way to loosen the tension and my first attempt to replace the belt resulted in a broken belt. Does anyone have a video or a couple photos showing how I can release tension to install new belt?

It is a Chinese 9 X 20 late with the original model number being ENCO 110-0820, but then I have some other model numbers that I think are the MSC numbers: Model CQ6123B and 1100517.

Thanks--

Dave

If it looks like this:

https://946e583539399c301dc7-100ffa5...019/458774.jpg

You pull the big knob/lever in the upper left toward the front. The
belt is in the released position in this image.

The Harbor Freight lathe is very similar and the Grizzly g4000.
The Grizzly manual is the nicest. Look he

https://www.grizzly.com:443/products...ch-Lathe/G4000

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI