Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is this 4 axis set up called?

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 23:00:41 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On 14 Jan 2019 01:57:30 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2019-01-13, JimmyMcGill wrote:
Hey does anyone know what the correct name for this 4 axis set up is
called and possibly who makes it?

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/what-is-the-name-of-this-5-axis-positioning-tool/?action=dlattach;attach=617821;image

It looks to me like a combination of a milling attachment for a
lathe (the vertical part replaces the compound), and a 2-axis X-Y table
missing the table top.

Is it sure that the same company made both parts? The bottom
(X-Y) part looks like something which Sears sold way back when.

Note that the handwheel on the vertical leadscrew is different
from those on the X and Y axes.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Looks like some kind of Rube Goldberg setup of some sort - - -
I'm thinking at leeast 2 more or less unrelated tools fastened
together.

Someone must have left them alone together in the shop for too long.

--
"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined
and that we can do nothing to change it look before they cross