Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Dyson cyclone puzzle

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 16:53:35 -0500, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

Undoubtedly true, but not all parts do cost just a few pennies. E.g.,
today I saw that one little electronic module for our Maytag dryer sells
for $358 -- and I'm not sure we paid much more than $400 for the whole
appliance about three years ago. I'm glad I don't need one: I just
happened to notice it while looking for something else.

I'll wager the actual component(s) that failed within that module could
have been replaced for pennies, though. $358 is outrageous for probably
in total no more than 10 bucks worth of bits.