Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Dyson cyclone puzzle

On Friday, 18 January 2019 21:57:11 UTC, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 1/18/19 3:57 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:

A family member living an a wealthy American suburb says he has picked
up numerous Dysons left by the curb for the trash or recycling
collectors -- and all that was wrong with them was that the filter
needed cleaning.

It's amazing the amount of perfectly good stuff that gets junked just for
the want of a part costing a few pennies. That's the thing these days;
too many people just go and buy another one.

Undoubtedly true, but not all parts do cost just a few pennies. E.g.,
today I saw that one little electronic module for our Maytag dryer sells
for $358 -- and I'm not sure we paid much more than $400 for the whole
appliance about three years ago. I'm glad I don't need one: I just
happened to notice it while looking for something else.

Perce

Of course from the dump it costs nothing like that.

NT