Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Martin Gregorie[_2_] Martin Gregorie[_2_] is offline

Default Dyson cyclone puzzle

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 20:57:50 +0000, Cursitor Doom wrote:

It's amazing the amount of perfectly good stuff that gets junked just
for the want of a part costing a few pennies. That's the thing these
days; too many people just go and buy another one.

These days too many people have no experience of building anything -
didn't have Meccano/Erector sets, let alone built model aircraft or
crystal sets, so have no clue about making or fixing things.

Dyson relevance: I have an original Dyson 05 cylinder model. After a year
or three the surprisingly weak green clip at the bottom of the wand
broke. A pivot came off one side of the catch. Being a long-time model
builder and flyer, I naturally stuck a 3mm drill through the pivots,
fitted a suitable length of 3mm OD brass tube and added epoxy to keep it
in place. 25-30 years later the Dyson is still working well, which is
more than I could say about the couple of Mr. Henry's it replaced.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org