Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jaugustine@verizon.net is offline

Default Panasonic DVD Recorder model DMR-ES20 Problem

Hi,

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder, model DMR-ES20, issue. When you plug
it in (AC outlet), the rolling "ooooooo" (initializing/recovery) never ends.
I can force it to go into standby by holding the Power button (on front panel)
for 10 seconds. Now there is a flashing "12:00AM". Next, I press the power
button on unit or remote, and a "Hello" appears. Normally, the "Hello"
appears for a few seconds, then goes away. Now, "Hello" stays on for hours
(endless). I did not wait to see how many hours. Note: If I hold the power
button for 10 seconds on the unit, the display changes back to the flashing
"12:00AM". However, I still can NOT use this recorder.

FYI: I "Googled" for a solution to this problem, but all I found out,
I am NOT the only one with this problem.

The last time I posted this problem several months ago, I received
several replies with a variety of suggestions that I had already tried.

PLEASE, I am looking for someone who had the EXACT SAME problem with
this model, "DMR-ES20" (NO letters after "20"), and he/she FIXED IT. What
did you do to fix this problem?

Thank You in advance, John