Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default using acetone to clean audio cassette heads

On Monday, 14 January 2019 23:05:12 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 1/14/19 3:50 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Yes, it was mostly water. However, there were obscure additives
that were quite necessary, usually to solve uncommon or odd
problems. The customers were getting mostly water, but the
common ingredients and obscure additives were what they really
were buying.

Exactly. I am more than happy to pay for stuff that works instead
of mucking about trying to "make my own."

I have more success with my own formulations than retail preparations, mostly at far less cost. I don't see any upside to going retail. I'll use them when they're good, eg washing powder, but many things it's easy to do better. Retail descalers are especially time & money wasting.

NT