Posted to rec.woodworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Thread checker

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 21:35:40 -0600, (Jerry
Osage) wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 19:57:01 -0500, Bill wrote:

When I started, I didn't even have a house with a yard to mow!
This spring, I'm planning to powerwash and restain the
deck--hopefully, that's only "two weekends" : )

Bill, I suggest that before you use a power washer on a wooden deck that you
check it out on an inconspicuous place. A high pressure water jet can do bad
things to wood.

Just don't get too close. I did my old cedar deck numerour times -
as well as the PT SYP. It DOES accentuate the grain, particularly when
used after soaking it with bleach.