Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Howard Beel Howard Beel is offline

Default Concrete, steel, or ?

"John B. Slocomb" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 15:12:55 -0800 (PST), whit3rd
wrote:

On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 11:12:14 AM UTC-8, amdx wrote:

I think a 20 ft chain link fence, lay [concertina barbed wire]...

. Boarder guards to keep watch for
anyone trying to use equipment to breach.

That's a huge manpower sink for a border that hasn't been a military
problem since Pancho Villa rode. I'd propose a trial at the N Dakota/S
Dakota border
first, to see if it stops invasion forces there.

It might be noted that the walls that have been successful from The
Great Wall of China to Hadrian's Wall to the Israeli Wall all had/have
one thing in common. they had/have troops assigned to them to prevent
"outsiders" from crossing the wall. And, I suspect that method of
deterring wall crossers was/is "kill 'em".

Cheers,
John B.

Constructing a wall made of spent nuclear fuel rods would
solve the manpower problem.

Best Regards.
Tom.

---