Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Resin 'paving'.

On 13/01/2019 02:51, wrote:
On Friday, 11 January 2019 22:52:45 UTC, John Rumm wrote:
On 11/01/2019 21:52, tabbypurr wrote:
On Friday, 11 January 2019 11:42:41 UTC, John Rumm wrote:
On 10/01/2019 21:48, tabbypurr wrote:

no need to fear doing blockwork round oddly angled drains.

Years ago I thought it might look nice to do some block paving
round circular flower beds and various other curved edges...

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...kPavedPath.jpg

It all looked nice, but at the time I did not really think through the
consequences of cutting in all the blocks:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...hCuttingIn.jpg

It took a couple of days to cut them all in, and by the time it was done
we must have had half a ton of left over offcuts!

(still we needed some hardcore for under another bit of paving
elsewhere)

I'd have been most tempted to do the infill in some sort of
radial pattern to avoid all that cutting.

Then you would have to cut them lengthways and into a taper to
avoid large gaps!

The ones you laid radially didn't have excessive gaps

True, but I cheated by filling those gaps with black mortar - no too
onerous as the edging courses which have to be fully bedded anyway. The
main infill however is just grouted with fine sand, so the gaps have to
be small.

, or maybe I
misremembered that. More would not be in a smaller circle. You can
always cut every 4th one or so if gaps are a problem. It would be
easier to move to the smaller rectangular blocks, less length equals
far less gap size. Or go with stone.

There is a limit on how small you can go on blocks on a sand bed if you
want to ensure they can't get pushed into the bed with normal traffic
(why ideally you break the pattern in places where you would end up with
less than about a third of a block)

--
Cheers,

John.