Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Concrete, steel, or ?

On 1/12/2019 6:10 PM, Bob LaFrance wrote:

Sorry if I strike a political cord without meaning to. I heard that the latest plan may be to build a steel wall,fence,barrier.... on the southern border. I would think that would be easy to deconstruct with a plasma cutter. I'm guessing that many of you have thought along these same lines.

I have estimated a large concrete wall to be about 10million/mile based on $250/yard for poured concrete. 40' x 4' with 10' underground. I am using New England numbers for the poured cement. I am not sure how much rebar would be needed. 5 billion would buy you 500 miles. Please help tweak the numbers - I could be way off.

I would like to hear your thoughts on steel -vs- concrete -vs- ???

I think a 20 ft chain link fence, lay Constantine wire for a width of
70ft then another 20ft chain link fence. Build a road designed to allow
tunnel searching equipment to traverse. Boarder guards to keep watch for
anyone trying to use equipment to breach.