Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Slow microwave ovens

On Saturday, 12 January 2019 18:37:00 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 18:11:12 -0000, Brian Gregory wrote:
On 29/12/2018 18:45, William Gothberg wrote:

I'd find that severely limiting. 2kW hoover, 2kW kettle, breadmaker,
toaster, etc, etc.

Good luck replacing that 2kW hoover if it goes wrong.
I don't think it's legal to sell such a power hungry hoover now.

Only because treehugging EU morons try to stop them.

Just think about it for a minute, they're actually trying to cut the amount of power used by something which you have running for about 0.001% of the day. It's as stupid as hosepipe bans, when we all know that 95% of water is consumed by industry, not domestic supplies.

I prefer my hoover to actually do it's job, not take twice as long using half the power, which er.... comes to the same amount of energy! Doh!

For once you're right. I got an EU legal 700w Dyson for reasons that had nothing to do with the EU. It's not a patch on the high power Dysons performance wise. Having less suck also means it's prone to block. And yes, it takes longer than a 1400w Dyson.

NT