Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Resin 'paving'.

On Friday, 11 January 2019 22:52:45 UTC, John Rumm wrote:
On 11/01/2019 21:52, tabbypurr wrote:
On Friday, 11 January 2019 11:42:41 UTC, John Rumm wrote:
On 10/01/2019 21:48, tabbypurr wrote:

no need to fear doing blockwork round oddly angled drains.

Years ago I thought it might look nice to do some block paving round
circular flower beds and various other curved edges...

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...kPavedPath.jpg

It all looked nice, but at the time I did not really think through the
consequences of cutting in all the blocks:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...CuttingIn..jpg

It took a couple of days to cut them all in, and by the time it was done
we must have had half a ton of left over offcuts!

(still we needed some hardcore for under another bit of paving elsewhere)

I'd have been most tempted to do the infill in some sort of radial pattern to avoid all that cutting.

Then you would have to cut them lengthways and into a taper to avoid
large gaps!

The ones you laid radially didn't have excessive gaps, or maybe I misremembered that. More would not be in a smaller circle. You can always cut every 4th one or so if gaps are a problem. It would be easier to move to the smaller rectangular blocks, less length equals far less gap size. Or go with stone.

NT