Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Marquis Saint Evremonde[_2_] The Marquis Saint Evremonde[_2_] is offline

Default Chainsaw issue

rick posted
I have a McCulloch 360T
Starts fine .. either hot or cold ... which in itself is a good
indicator that many things are Ok with the saw.

In use ... be cutting fine then revs will die, then get to a point with
chain out of the wood .... tickover is fine, but when I try to rev it
picks up, but after about 20-30% of power then dies off ... often to a
stall.
It can often take 10 or more attempts before it will get to point that
revs will open up .. then it cuts fine ... but a few minutes later it
will start again.

When it is revving it cuts fine with no loss of power.

I have cleaned air filter, checked plug gap, used new fuel, general
clean to get rid of any oil or wood chip build up.

Very common problem with small two-stroke engines. Usually turns out to
be gunk in one of the carburettor passages or apertures.

--
Evremonde