Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default how hot do you run you CH boiler

"Andy Bennet" wrote in message
In article ,
tim... wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
tim... wrote:
Anyhow, at my current house it is 55 and works perfectly well

You must have rather oversized rads?

Nope

they are tiny

The physical size depends on the demand in that area.

they are on all day

The house is well insulated

Why do you think that wouldn't work?

Anything can work. But there is an ideal figure for rad temp for best
efficiency.

Best efficiency

efficient in what way?

as far as the radiator is concerned is as hot as practical - the higher the
deltaT between radiator and the room air then the more it radiates.
If you have the heating on 24/7 then yes you can get away with low rad.

Which is what I do have

temperatures, but for fastest response where the heating is timed then
hotter is better.

I have no need for faster response. I want constant moderate temperature

tim