Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_6_] dennis@home[_6_] is offline

Default how hot do you run you CH boiler

On 12/01/2019 09:10, tim... wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
John Rumm pretended :
It needs a little bit of experimentation to set the profile the first
time - basically waiting for colder days and seeing if the system
still heats the place comfortably and quickly enough. If it doesn't,
then you just tweak it up to a steeper curve. It also helps if you
have appropriate rad sizes for the rooms, and the system is balanced.

Balanced?

I have always assumed there was no need to balance a system, where
TRV's are installed.

if TRVs can be set to reliably keep a room at, say 20 degrees, then it
doesn't

but if they can't, then it does

I'm about to find out if the first line is true, because it is clear
than my new systems is not balanced.

As it is currently set, the lounge is like a sauna, and the rest of the
house still cool.

I actually don't have a problem with the latter, it's the former that's
the issue

tim

Where is the room stat?

That is the big problem with TRVs, you have to have the system run
whenever any rad wants heat and its difficult to impossible with only
one room stat.

Its a pretty crap way of doing it really.

I have separate timer+stats on all the main rooms with 2 port valves.
The valves have switches on them so they turn the boiler on if any of
them is open.

It costs more than TRVs but also saves money.

The plumbers have trouble understanding stuff like that which is why
they always go for TRVs as a second best option.