Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How do I connect a DVD and a VCR to an HDTV?

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 12 Jan 2019 04:58:41 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 12 Jan 2019 04:40:47 -0500, micky
wrote:

You don't have a coaxial connector on the DVD or TV? If you do, get an
RF modulator, like this

Totally ignore the parts about RF modulator. I got that backwards. I
need to go to sleep.

https://www.amazon.com/AmerTac-VR100...99813821&psc=1
plug the VCR into that and plug the output of that into the TV. Not
only for the right jacks but because the VCR is analog and the TV is
digital.

Maybe you can find an RF modulator with different otuput jacks that will
fit your tv better, if you have no coax connector on the TV. You'll
tune the tv to channel 3 or 4 to watch it.

Start here.

What you want is a composite to component RF modulator, but googling
doesn't show any.

Or a composite to HDMI converter, which I thought there would be even
fewer of, but it's the opposite:
https://www.amazon.com/Portta-Compos.../dp/B008S7EYW2

There are probably others.

You'll need a source of USB power. If the tv hasn't got it, and I don't
think it will, get a charger and probably a good one. I don't know if
there is a difference between the cheap ones and the ones that come with
expensive stuff, like the phone, but I'd use the one for the phone (I
always charge my pone from the computer.)

--
Micky

https://youtu.be/CDjT1fhrs-A