Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do I connect a DVD and a VCR to an HDTV?

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 20:39:38 -0800 (PST), condo owner
wrote:

https://imgur.com/gallery/pSCK0iT

The top photo is the back of the TV.
The middle photo is the back of the DVD.
The bottom photo is the back of the VCR.

What kind of cables do I need? What jack should each connector be plugged into on each device?

Get the 5 wire set for the Component video. (3 video, 2 sound) That is
as close as you get to HD. Using the 3 wire setup, Composite video (1
video 2 sound) will be SD at best, more like NTSC
I have a bunch of them and I would send you a set if you like but they
sell them everywhere. You might even find them in the trash these days
as most people are moving to HDMI