Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Resin 'paving'.

Never heard such a lot of twaddle. I think people would be forgiven for
thinking that around these parts the national pastime during the summer is
people out with their angle grinders laying their own drives and patios.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
On 10/01/19 18:19, charles wrote:
In article ,
R D S wrote:
I fancy doing some paving at the back of our house to replace some
poorly laid concrete.

There are a couple of manholes at jaunty angles though and a soil pipe
so I can see a lot of cutting and faffing so wondered about the resin
stuff that I'm seeing advertised for drives.

Anyone got any opinion or experience? Is it DIYable?

probably not allowed under current building regs. Surfaces like drives
need
to be permeable.

Maybe if you are doing one from scratch, but what if you are replacing one
impermeable surface (concrete) by another (resin)? Is there a difference
if the resin in laid on top of the concrete, or the concreter removed
first and the resin laid on a prepared base? If the latter, do the base
and resin have to be permeable?

--

Jeff