Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default Making an Adaptor from the vintage single wire 5/8" screw on MICconnector to BNC

On 1/10/19 8:59 PM, whit3rd wrote:
On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 6:03:44 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Most of my vintage testers have those old style 5/8" screw on MIC
connectors. I have considered changing all of them to BNC

Don't you want a UHF BNC adapter? Take a look at images.google.com with
that search string...

The UHF center socket takes a banana plug, so putting a ground banana compatible post
next to the coax connector can let you use a dual-banana-to-BNC as well.

Except....A UHF connector is 5/8-24 pitch.
The Amphenol button connector is 3/8-27 pitch.
Unless you consider cross threading a feature, they are not compatible.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0