Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Apprentice and Hex keys

On 10/01/2019 21:37, wrote:
On Thursday, 10 January 2019 21:08:45 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 10/01/2019 19:55, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 19:15:24 +0000, Jeff Layman
wrote:

On 10/01/19 19:10, ARW wrote:
Third year apprentice (one of the best we have had) was having trouble
putting the meter tails into the mains isolator on some new builds.

He was having difficulty tightening up the hex screws.

One answer in the office was "You have a **** set of Allen keys"

In his defence he replied "They are brand new I only got them on
Saturday and I paid for the most expensive of the two pairs available as
I don't want **** tools"

Anyone care to guess what went wrong:-)?

Imperial vs metric?

+1

Indeed.

But at least he came in and said he had a problem. And the problem is
now sorted.

Obviously never heard of the word imperial before and was amazed at the
markings on the tool that he had never noticed.

Where the h does your brainless boss get these kids?

From schools.

--
Adam