Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Grizzly jointers

On 1/9/2019 11:18 PM, Bill wrote:
Why would someone buy this *new* jointer at 365 pounds, when they could
have the G0490 for the same price, at 200 pounds more. Because they had
a weak back? Makes me wonder whether the days of the G0490 are numbered..

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Griz...ile-Base/G0857

You'd need to be a moron to buy either when you can get one with a
spiral cutter head for a few dollars more. After owning both types, I
would never buy, on purpose, a planer or jointer w/o a segmented spiral
cutter head. The difference is night and day, but the cost, in this
case, is just $30 more.

By "on purpose" I mean I might hesitantly buy a 3 bladed model if I
needed one, and some one was selling one in perfect condition for 20
cents on a dollar, or less, and, I was short on money...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com