Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave S[_4_] Dave S[_4_] is offline

Default Sharkbite plumbing fittings - a bad idea?

replying to Smarty, Dave S wrote:
All the answers I read here are worthy - there are good reasons to sweat and
to use push on's --- My comment for all is that I remodeled to remove a bar
faucet in a family room 19 years ago, and closed the supply - hot and cold -
with shark bite end caps -- no problem so far - pretty comfortable with them,
and used them again 5 years ago in a bath remodel - still perfect. They've
been around too long to be faulty without all of us DIYers not hearing about
it.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ea-419145-.htm