Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] tubeguy@myshop.com is offline

Default Using a Signal Generator for an "In Home" radio transmitter

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 10:37:40 -0800, (Dave Platt)
wrote:

In article ,
Chuck wrote:

. Someone started a pirate station playing Tejano music
24 hours a day. Unfortunately their frequency was at 90.3 MHz and the
signal bled over onto the local MPR signal at 90.1. I complained to
the FCC and within 3 weeks they shut the station down. So it appears
that the FCC is more aggressive when the station impinges on
legitimate signals.

"Harmful interference" vs. "unauthorized operation". Both can come
with big fines... but, yes, the FCC is somewhat more likely to react
when faced with a situation where a legitimate licensed broadcaster is
being interfered with. (Commercial licensees have paid $$ for their
licenses, and don't like losing market-share/coverage to pirate
transmitters).

Right now is probably the PERFECT time to operate a pirate station.
Since the government is shut down, the FCC is probably not doing much.
NO, I am not encouraging this, just commenting......