Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] tubeguy@myshop.com is offline

Default Using a Signal Generator for an "In Home" radio transmitter

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 18:10:49 -0600, amdx wrote:

On 1/8/2019 12:22 PM, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 1/8/19 11:46 AM, John-Del wrote:
On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 11:09:38 AM UTC-5, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 1/8/19 9:19 AM, amdx wrote:
into my FM transmitter

And how is that supposed to work with a bunch of AM radios?

You feed the headphone jack of the FM radio into an AM XMTR...

Sheesh Jeff!!

Heh, I keep seeing people totally oblivious to the requirement
of an AM transmitter for BCB AM radios.

I was oblivious to your requirement, you made that clear. I just
wanted to let people know what I do, and to make them aware of the old
radio programs available over the internet. Listening to Dragnet as I
write, on an FM radio!

Aside from not being AM, I plan to give that link a listen. Sounds like
fun listening to those old radio shows. (By the way, those shows were
probably all broadcast on AM. FM did not exist at that time).

Mikek

btw, has anyone tried a class E amplifier as an AM transmitter?
Base/gate drive is transmit frequency, B+ is the audio.
I'll google it.