Old January 9th 19, 04:05 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical Outlets Upside Down? Code?

On 1/9/2019 9:04 AM, Bubba wrote:
On 1/8/2019 10:40 PM, wrote:
TomR:

If you look closely at the front of a bare(uninstalled)
receptacle, you'll see tiny writing on many that is
legible only when the receptacle is held so that
the ground is on top.* There's a major clue for all
the "looks silly with ground on top" crowd!*

** My refrigerator has a 90 degree angled plug.* To minimize stress on
the cable, the wall receptacle needs to be installed with the ground pin
down.

Yet my 20 year old Fedders air conditioner should have pin up.