Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Using a Signal Generator for an "In Home" radio transmitter

On 1/8/2019 12:22 PM, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 1/8/19 11:46 AM, John-Del wrote:
On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 11:09:38 AM UTC-5, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 1/8/19 9:19 AM, amdx wrote:
into my FM transmitter

And how is that supposed to work with a bunch of AM radios?

You feed the headphone jack of the FM radio into an AM XMTR...

Sheesh Jeff!!

Heh, I keep seeing people totally oblivious to the requirement
of an AM transmitter for BCB AM radios.

I was oblivious to your requirement, you made that clear. I just
wanted to let people know what I do, and to make them aware of the old
radio programs available over the internet. Listening to Dragnet as I
write, on an FM radio!

Mikek

btw, has anyone tried a class E amplifier as an AM transmitter?
Base/gate drive is transmit frequency, B+ is the audio.
I'll google it.