TURTLE

Default wires to capacitor on YORK AC unit are burned and melted

"Chris Lewis" wrote in message ...
According to TURTLE :

"Keith Reding" wrote in message
.net...

I bought the house 4 years ago and the unit was about 5 years old when I
bought the house. I don't know that is has ever been flushed. Neither

tech
suggested that to me.

This is Turtle.

If the Tech / service company can't tighten up the connection enough to keep
them from burning off. Two thing is taking place here. 1) He is wanting to
sell you a new condener by leaving the connection loose and let them burn
off. 2) The tech just does not know how to tighten up the connection
correctly.

Turtle, I see _significant_ corrosion on the terminal screw (on at least)
the lower of the two hot spots. See first picture - has the best view.

Not only is the screw and metal conductor corroded to crap, the black plastic
(or bakelite) on the terminal is clearly baked and is going to start
disintegrating.

You can winch new wire down as much as you want, but with that much corrosion
on the terminal, it's never going to stay "fixed".

The pictures aren't good enough to tell if the upper terminal connection
is as badly damaged.

That thing appears to be a relay. I think it needs to be replaced or
refurbished somehow. If it's the start relay (see my other posting),
the contacts may also be sticking (or permanently stuck) and be the
original cause of the whole mess.

I can't believe a serviceman would simply replace that wiring harness without
at least commenting about the condition of the relay. Sheesh!
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

This is Turtle.

He wants to see a condenser unit when it burns again.

TURTLE

---