Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Johnson[_4_] Peter Johnson[_4_] is offline

Default Rant about LED floodlights

On Mon, 07 Jan 2019 11:14:59 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

And the old ones got so hot the bodies could be damaged, so not always
possible to open them up to fit a new bulb. So had to replace the entire
fitting.

The 'bulbs' in the £20 lamps that I used to get from B&Q would fail
after about ten years, by which time the steel screw that held the
unit together had rusted, so they had to be replaced. About 10 years
ago I replaced them with decent units from TLC, compact florescents
though but not on enough to justify replacement.