Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rant about LED floodlights

In article ,
wrote:
Then I decided to replace the whole units with LED floodlights. biggest
mistake I ever made!

Now when the LED floodlight fails, I find I *have* to replace the
*whole* unit, I cannot replace the PSU part or the LED array only.

But have you actually had one fail? My tungsten floodlights needed regular
lamp changes. The LED replacements none, so far.

And the old ones got so hot the bodies could be damaged, so not always
possible to open them up to fit a new bulb. So had to replace the entire
fitting.

--
*Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.