Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Rant about LED floodlights

In article ,
wrote:
I used to use halogen floodlights with either 300 W or 500 W tubes.

Dead simple to install and maintain.

The cable entry point was always at the bottom so rain ingress was
*never* a problem.

Tube replacement was simple, unscrew just one screw, open metal framed
door and use cotton gloves to swap out the halogen tube......

Unscrew it it's not corroded in place .

Then I decided to replace the whole units with LED floodlights. biggest
mistake I ever made!

Now when the LED floodlight fails, I find I *have* to replace the *whole*
unit, I cannot replace the PSU part or the LED array only.

I also find that the cable entry point is at the top so I now frequently
find that they fill up with rain water and pop the circuit breaker!

perhasp you'rv mounted it upside down. All the LED floods I've fitted have
tehn cable entry ay tehn bottom

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England