Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Tree Branch cut

On Sat, 05 Jan 2019 20:39:17 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 20:27:58 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/5/2019 4:31 PM, wrote:
I had an INEPT person attend to my yard. Only after he had cut off a
branch from a 6 foot tall tree, did I detect the damage!
Apologies that I do not know the ornamental tree "type"

While now completely severed, are there any options to reattach that
(2 inch diameter) branch -even with limited chances of success?

Grafting is a method of attaching one type of plant to another but have
no idea if it would work for you.

Usually you graft a bud - not a 2 inch log.

Agree. A two inch branch would not attach to 6 foot ornamental tree.

It would require great support, braces, etc.. Wind will move the
branch around so often.

Grandfather used to graft bushes, add peat moss and moisture, then
wrap the graft with aluminum foil (ball) so it roots -- IIRC