Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default American Chestnut

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 8:54:17 AM UTC-6, dpb wrote:
Did the Willis people
give you any indication of where there root stock is coming from and
what they/the providers of same have done to promote resistance? Their
web site is entirely mum on the subject only talking of the climate
adaptability aspects.

I didn't ask them where their stock came from. They assured me their stock was the real thing and not hybridized. This doesn't mean it's not genetically altered, though. I'll call them again and ask, specifically, about their stock and its origin. This info may be helpful. If this is the best stock available, then I have no alternative but to accept and use it.

Sonny