Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JC[_6_] JC[_6_] is offline

Default Tektronik 2230 oscilloscope: nasty menu?

Jean-Pierre Coulon wrote:
Forgive the stupid question, but howe do you remove the case? I have
unscrewed 2 screws at the bottom, 1 on the side, one on the top but the
case won't move. Do I have to unmount all pot buttons?

Hi, There are 2 screws in the rear panel, one small screw on the
underside near the front, one large screw on the right side towards the
rear.
4 screws hold the side panel (IEEE, RS232 or Plotter).

If the case will not slide back its probably been bent inwards
somewhere, if its badly dinged then they can be difficult to remove. DO
NOT HAMMER it, you will damage the tube.

If you can fold the handle down on top so the handle is at the rear, use
your thumbs to push the chassis while gripping the handle. This usually
works.

After that put the scope on its side and pull the underside round handle
mount down and back. It might only move a little, do the same to the
other handle mount on top. Repeat. It can take a while! Look for the
chassis binding as you do it, the side panel cutout might catch on the
chassis. Take your time!