Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Quick Question on Accufence

On 1/2/2019 4:56 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
We're not talking about the side extensions.
We're talking out an out-feed table.

Well actually the OP he never mentioned out feed table. I read
extension table to mean "extension table". And yes if you add an
extension table, and especially if you add to a 50" rip capacity the
back rail is needed to support and prevent sag of the extension table.

Oops... yeah, I guess he didn't. Next time I need to read gooder.

I took him to mean out feed table as well. Extension wings could also
be what he meant. At any rate, IF he meant out feed table then there is
no need to butt the table to the saw. In fact a bit of space is
desirable to allow fingers under the wood to easily lift wood from the
table.

If he meant extension wings, then the back rail should have not
interfere with butting a table to the saw. It might be needed as Leon
explained but should in no way interfere with the task.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com